Tuesday, September 14, 2004

As I went to bed last night, I spotted this little fellow crawling up the bathroom tiles. I had visions of my wife finding him at 3 o'clock in the morning, screaming, so I flushed him down the toilet. As I pulled the chain, I looked up to spot a little spider, quivering with fear on the ceiling. It then occured to me that maybe they were together, trying to make a break for it and that the millipede got caught, a bit like that scene in "The Great Escape" where the German officer says "nice weather" or whatever in English and catches out the escaped prisoner. And then shoots him. In which case that little spider was last seen riding an old motorbike, over barbed wire on the Swiss border. Well that was the strange vision that kept me up for the rest of the night.